Blogging is a whole lot more than simply putting a heap of words together and publishing them…in my oppini0n, to become a truly great blogger, creating your own community of followers and gaining good online reputation, with people spreading the word of your blog posts throughout the internet, it can take time – and a lot of it!
The big thing with blogging is to gain respect and trust from your readers, by being passionate about what you do, being honest, writing straight from your heart, putting effort into each and every post, interacting with your readers by asking a question at the end of your posts and always replying to each and every comment, no matter how big or small the comment may be. Replying to comments is awesome and fun…it gives you feedback and also is a great way of establishing new relationships and your own little community of readers.
Don’t worry though, if you start off feeling a little rusty, and not too sure about what to blog about, – there’s tonnes of help out there, just ‘Google’ what you would like to write about, Google has the answers lol. – I Google just about everything…it’s a great way of finding topics to write about and to get some help.
So to sum it up, here are a few tips to help you on your way to becoming a blogging superstar! –
– Develop a writing style and tone in your posts appropriate to your field or subject
– Always proofread your posts before publishing…read it over and over, putting yourself in the reader’s shoes, and making sure you’re completely happy with what you’ve written.
– Post often, even if your posts are short.
– Interact with your readers, and always, always, (I can’t stress it enough) reply to their comments.
– Be arty, and some pictures or photos to your posts, – it adds to the overall look of the post and creates attention.
-Do your research – there are mountains of articles and tutorials out there to help you.
– If you are serious about blogging, and want it to be more than just a hobby – add some advertisements to your site, but mindful when adding advertisements that they are in par with the your blog topic.
– Be proactive, and join other online communities, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc. ..and engage with others, its a great way for building new friendships and a good way from learning from one and other.
And to top it off, here is a handy info-graphic with 12 things to do, after you’ve written your blog post…
So, I think I have just about covered it all…what do you think, have I missed anything?